1. Inquire about Archway School. Please call or email our Campus Coordinator to schedule a tour:
Grades 5-8, Angela Hsu (510) 849-4747, ext. 21 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Tour the school:
We recommend you visit our campus to get a feel for what your child’s day would be like. See the students and teachers in action, hear from the Head of School, and ask questions. Tours generally last about an hour and a half.
3. Submit your application. Our standard application deadline is Friday, March 1, 2013.
A complete application includes:
- $75 application fee; $40 fee for families applying for financial aid
- Current photo of applicant
- Parent Application
- Student Application
- Teacher Recommendation form (Please remember these are confidential and should be sent to Archway School directly from the teacher. Please provide teachers with a stamped envelope addressed to Archway School. The same form is used if you are applying to any other EBISA school).
- Records request form. Please sign and give directly to your child’s current school.
4. Visit: Once we have received your completed application, we will call you to schedule a visit for your child. Applicants for grades 6, 7, and 8 spend a full school day with the class in their current grade. Applicants for 5th grade will spend a full school day with the 5th grade class. During your child’s visit, we will interview him or her, do an academic assessment, and observe his or her peer interactions. Please note that we do not schedule visits until your application is complete.
6. Admissions Decisions: Admissions decisions are made after the applications are completed and the child has visited the school.
*All priority deadline applications (January 14, 2013) will be notified by mail on Friday, March 8 2013.
*All standard deadline applications (March 1, 2013) will be notified by mail no later than Friday, March 22, 2013.
*All late deadline applications (May 3, 2013) will be notified by mail as soon as all components of the admissions process have been completed.